SARAH NEUFELD - THE RIGHT
Toronto -- Sarah Neufeld has revealed more new music from her upcoming album The Ridge which will be released by Paper Bag Records on February 26th, 2016. Listen to "Where The Light Comes In" here via Stereogum. Watch a trailer for The Ridge here. Pre-order the album here from iTunes. Pre-order The Ridge on CD or vinyl here from Paper Bag Records.
Sarah Neufeld is embarking on an extensive North American tour in support of her new album. A full list of dates can be found below. Stefan Schneider (the Luyas, Belle Orchestre) will be accompanying her for the live shows. Opening on tour will be Eartheater.
Sarah Neufeld is a violinist and composer based in Montréal. Best known as a member of Arcade Fire, she is also a founding member of the acclaimed contemporary instrumental ensemble Bell Orchestre, and most recently as half of an exciting new duo with renowned saxophonist Colin Stetson. However, it's through Neufeld's solo albums we are given the best lens into her creative world, a world which in which she commands her instruments and creates textures and lush musical landscapes.
The new album is a body of work that sees Neufeld moving away from Hero Brother's classical minimalism and sepulchral ambience, and into the world of rhythmic pop minimalism. The new album employs more emphasis on vocalizations than Neufeld's previous works; the interplay between Neufeld's voice and violin has become strongly integrated and narrative. The album also features Arcade Fire's Jeremy Gara on drums, adding greater layers to the compositions, creating an intense, dynamic atmosphere, and a captivating listen from start to finish.
- March 21: Los Angeles, CA - Resident
- March 22: San Francisco, CA - Swedish American Hall
- March 24: Portland, OR - The Mission Theater
- March 25: Seattle, WA - Columbia City Theater
- March 28: Golden, BC (CA) - Civic Centre
- March 30: Saskatoon, SK (CA) - The Bassment
- April 1: Winnipeg, MB (CA) - West End Cultural Centre
- April 3: Minneapolis, MN - Cedar Cultural Center
- April 5: Milwaukee, WI - Colectivo Coffee
- April 6: Evanston, IL - Space
- April 7: Chicago, IL - Virgin Hotel Chicago
- April 9: Toronto, ON (CA) - The Rivoli
- April 10: Montreal, QC (CA) - La Sala Rossa
- April 11: Quebec City, QC (CA) - Anti
- April 13: Portsmouth, NH - 3S Artspace
- April 14: Boston, MA - Cafe 939 @ Berklee
- April 15: New York, NY - Le Poisson Rouge
- The Ridge
- We've Got A Lot
- They All Came Down
- The Glow
- Chase The Bright and Burning
- A Long Awaited Scar
- From Our Animal
- Where The Light Comes In